Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Links of Interest 7/23

Not that I feel I'm ever going to commit a crime worthy of prison, but I've seen The Fugitive enough to know that nothing is guaranteed when it comes to innocence. Therefore, I'm appreciative of this guide.

Sure, on paper it's wonderful to have R.E.M. do a guest stint on Sesame Street. But then it happens, and you subject millions of tykes to that which is the appearance of Michael Stipe. As an adult, it's easy to overlook his appearance and respect his talent; as a four year old, it's nothing more than seeing a nightmare personified.

Michael Caine sounds completely down to earth and completely insane all at the same time. And I love him for it!

In this age of instant gratification and jump cuts, we are quick to label. Take this essay about M. Night Shyalaman. Sure, I agree with a lot of the author's points, but that doesn't mean he has lost any talent, or didn't have any talent to begin with. I know we need labels so we can move on, but I'd rather judge him either on a movie by movie basis, or at the end of a long career. Apologies for the Andy Rooney moment.

I love me a good space conspiracy like this one!

No comments: