Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Beastie Boys' Short Film




I am a Beastie Boys fan. Have been since License to Ill came out. And, while I know this sounds like bragging, I can also say I liked them when Paul's Boutique FIRST came out. Not during that time everyone clamored for it in the mid 90s after Check Your Head came out. No, I'm talking about when it first came out, when CDs were the "wave of the future," and cassettes were still rocking. My copy was red.

Anyway, yes, I've fallen off the map a bit with some of their later stuff (meaning everything after Hello Nasty), but I'll always appreciate them as artists, and always argue that Paul's Boutique is one of the top 5 most influential items of all time. So when I hear about some sort of fictional short film based on the song/video "Fight for Your Right to Party," I'm excited. And now that the cast has been announced, I think everyone is about to get excited. Check it out here.

And, just because...

No comments: