Thursday, May 28, 2015

Cool Shit 5/28

You'd think some of these Marvel superheroes would have killed a bunch more people, but have to realize, at the end of the day, it's comic books we're talking about.

Another preview of the summer television season, although this one is extremely comprehensive.

And then here's an article predicting which five new fall shows are going to be hits. If I were a betting man, I'd bet against all five.

How did the empire construct a second Death Star so much quicker than the first? This gives some sound economic theory as to why, but I think another possibility is that they were being built concurrently - or more specifically the plan wasn't to rule the galaxy with one Death Star, but with many, and so the construction started with multiple projects.

Wow, watching this trailer for a David Foster Wallace movie, I'm not sure if I should be excited or offended by it. I can appreciate people wanting to bring this to the screen, but I'm not sure you can capture the complexities of the man in a simple two hour film.



Apparently breaking down a ship is extremely dangerous and expensive. So you take them to Bangladesh!

Aside from the melodramatic headline that David Duchovny "cried" when he read the latest X-Files script, there's some more information here about the show.

More Serial news - apparently they are currently producing two narratives, so there won't be as long a wait between season two and season 3.

Chuck Palahniuk on writing the Fight Club 2 comic book. I still think it's really not a good idea.

No comments: