Friday, February 27, 2009

Links of Interest 2/27


I will argue (if you really want to get into it) that Nick Arcade is one of the top game shows of all time. I'd put it in my top 5. So, a movie about it? I would definitely go see it. As long as Phil Moore was prominently involved.

Your daily Russian link (maybe this should be an ongoing feature). This one is about a hole.

Remember the Unabomber? Well, it turns out he was kinda right. Minus the bombs. Looks like I'm going to have to dig out that manifesto of his.

Here's a chart that shows fuel consumption for a number of different modes of transportation.

A Clue remake is in the works. Let's hope they have the intelligence to keep Martin Mull in the works. He needs the work.

A resort in Dubai designed to invoke the lost city of Atlantis. I bet you can sty there cheap now.

The pros and cons of all this Google Map stuff.

Can a full moon really make people crazy? Or turn them into werewolves?

Just in case you get really annoyed with your neighbor.

An essay about backroom politics, mineral mining and corruption.

An ode to the Waffle House. In Esquire. It makes me mad since Cline and I have been extolling the virtues of this place and writing love songs about it for years.

No comments: