Friday, June 11, 2010

Movies Ruined By Their Third Act

Over at the A.V. Club, the question today is this:


Some are obvious, perhaps - Vanilla Sky (totally agree), A.I. (is there a word stronger than "totally?" Because if there is, put it in front of agree and that's my opinion), some I don't agree with (Office Space? That's the only way it could have ended really, unless Mamet had directed it, and then we would have had Peter being hauled off to jail amidst a lot more swearing) and some I've never taken a moment to think about (The Fly).

Regardless, off the top of my head, if I had to come up with some, I'd go with pretty much every Mel Brooks movie (I give Blazing Saddles a pass I guess, simply because they certainly go all out to try and sell it). And while not a movie, I'm still not willing to return to Lost (a light cave? really?)

So anyway, what are yours?

No comments: