Monday, May 12, 2008

Links of Interest 5/12

It's like finding out there's no Santa Claus, if Santa Claus were a giant waterfall. Seriously, do we as a society demand that nature be controlled for our enjoyment? I'd rather see how the Falls act within the different climates, different seasons, etc. But no, people "in the know" are making decisions for me.

I am fascinated by Antarctica. Yes, I know I'm in the minority, but I love cold weather, and I think I paint the concept of isolation and desolation as romantic. Yes, I know that makes me bizarre and probably mentally unstable, but what can I say? Of course, let me make something clear - I couldn't live there indefinitely. A nice vacation is all I'm asking. Is that even possible?

I don't promote breaking the law, but if you do, maybe something like this can help you.

Chris Anderson was like a comet in the NBA. A drug fueled comet. While this article doesn't go into detail about his suspension, it does unfortunately paint a picture about the (now)non-existent relationship he has with his mother.

Remember that old page where someone graded children's drawings? Yes, very funny - this page has nothing to do with that, other than it begins with children's drawings as an inspiration. But instead of tearing them down, it fleshes them out and adds skill and maturity to the boundless imagination.

No comments: