Friday, June 6, 2008

Links of Interest 6/6

I mean, the training scene in Rocky IV is so completely over the top, there should be a separate category for it. Or perhaps name the award after it. Seriously, why train in Siberia? There are similar climates in the Western Hemisphere.

Waaay back in 1995, I brought up a point with a professor about the adverse effects of staring at a computer screen too much. My point was there was simply no way to know what those effects could be, since we were (close at least) at the beginning of the computer age. I was met with deafening silence. Why do I bring up this story? Because this article has some similarities to my earlier predictions.

I'm going to link to this collection of celebrities that should never sing in public and leave it at that. To call out a favorite, or ridicule them would be just wrong. And if you know me, you certainly know what I'm talking about.

I love guerrilla marketing, so I really liked this little history about it. I hope you do too. And I hope one day to start my own guerilla marketing for this blog and the podcast. So keep an eye out. Ideas have been bandied about.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Someone should tell the movie training sequences guy that the scene he mislabels as from "Electra" is actually from DareDevil.

Goose said...

Plus the list is woefully incomplete. I guess the author never saw Tomb Raider.

Cline said...

Or Wet Hot American Summer.