Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Year in Review in Links - PART 2

Part 2 contains famous chefs, famous directors, and infamous pratfalls on home shopping networks. You won't want to miss them.

For part one, click here.

On the flips side - the link train continues...



Eric Ripert, one of the top chefs this country has, agrees to see what he can create with ingredients bought at a .99 cent store. Pictures here to document it!

If you're going to be convicted of child molesting, and going away for twenty years for your deeds, you might as well go out with a bang and give an awesome excuse.

Terry Gilliam is one unlucky guy. I appreciate his vision and his passion, but at some point you have to look at things and wonder if maybe you're going about it all wrong. Especially after looking at this rundown of problems he's had on his productions.

The Beastie Boy's Paul's Boutique is a masterpiece. It was back in 1989 when it came out, and it is today. Setting the stage for sampling in rap music, it really knows no equal. And now you can get every sample they used in the production of the album, right here.

I'm not going to say I wouldn't be a little weirded out going to a cock fight, but I'm not also going to say I wouldn't jump at the chance to go to one.

Television reporting is dangerous!

And so is selling things on TV! This in fact might be my favorite link of the year. The guy collapsing on the ladder, the guy who may or may not have stabbed himself, and yes, the guy who can't tell the difference between a moth and a horse. This has got it all.

No chance I wasn't going to bring up the Quincy theme song with lyrics in it. Please.

Fugu is a poisonous blowfish that is also a Japanese delicacy. This writer goes in search of it.

Atari was a huge part of my childhood. In fact, I'm not ashamed to say I still own an Atari 2600. I'll put myself up against anyone in plaque attack. This article talks about the triumphs and tribulations of the company.

Stay tuned for even more coming soon...

No comments: