Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Walking Dead

One of the more anticipated television series coming this Fall to AMC, is The Walking Dead, based on a graphic novel of the same name. Gory, unapologetic, and downright gnarly, the show is about how a small band of human survivors cope with a zombie world.

Reading the first 10 issues of the comic, I can't imagine how a lot of scenes will even be dealt with, due to the graphic nature. At some points, I thought the author (Robert Kirkman) was simply trying to create the most absurd, violent scenarios to see how far he could push the envelope. So we'll see. Here's a trailer for the upcoming series...


Not sure how I feel about it so far. As I said, the comic is blunt, stark, and in your face. To me, this trailer doesn't capture that exact feel. The soundtrack especially feels off. Still, I'm excited to see what they do with this, and how much is faithful to the comic and how much they change. It does seem they're trying to push as much as they can (the little girl zombie is a start) so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Still, there are only so many things you can show on television. Even if it is cable.


No comments: