Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cool Shit 2/28

I loved Legends of the Hidden Temple - mostly because it felt like some sort of mini Raiders of the Lost Ark on acid for children. This author, though - not so much.

Have you ever wondered who's better, Lebron James or Michael Jordan? Possibly. But have you ever wondered who would win, a team of Lebron clones vs. a team of Michael Jackson clones? I know I once wondered if a team of Derrick Coleman clones could beat a team of Charles Barkley clones. And through the power of Sega Genesis, and NBA Showdown '93, my friend and I got to the bottom of it. I won't ruin the surprise of the outcome, in case you want to try it yourself...let's just say the one with the better gorilla dunk was the better man that day.

You're welcome.

Note: I realize no one will understand the above paragraph, which is littered with obscure references, personal childhood anecdotes and a clue who won so absurd that there might only be 2 people on the planet (besides myself) that would get it. But I had to relive it, if only to get in one of those person's faces.)

I keep going back and forth on whether I would try this giant rope swing. I think at the end of the day, I would. Especially since none of the people who did and filmed themselves tried the best reaction shot: the disinterested look:



I'll be honest, before knowing they had names, I could probably have recognizes 3 distinct shapes of chicken mcnuggets, but would have gotten crossed up between the ball and the bell. Also, isn't it cool to find out that these shapes are not natural, but completely artificially created?

So, you might not like the idea that your burger could contain horse meat, but when you get right down to it, that might be the best thing in it.


No comments: