Friday, May 15, 2009

Links of Interest 5/15

The summer of 1988 was a great time for movies.

Read URB magazine online and find out what the next 100 bands you should be listening to are.

Email tax? Really? I don’t think that’s gonna work.

A scientist lays out the plan to find life in outer space.

The categories of white supremacy.

Interesting story about a witness to Lincoln’s assassination.

Labeling baseball as a boring sport is being lazy.

Taking a closer look at the fast food industry’s value meals.

The controversy of SPF guidelines that lead to suntan lotion wars.

Find out exactly how much your credit card company knows about you.

2 comments:

Keith Wade said...

I am offended by that Summer of 1988 movie article. How anyone can say that 1984 and 1985 are not the golden age of movie making is beyond me. There is no debate. I should know. I once spent 1/2 day at work researching this. And because I was 11 and 12 those years, I saw every movie that came out.

Goose said...

i'd also argue '87 as awesome as it gave us Predator and Ernest Goes to Camp - the one that kicked off the classic Ernest series (RIP).

What else do you need?