Monday, September 16, 2013

Cool Shit 9/16

Unbelievable photos of "thrill seekers" caught in their element. Take a look and be dazzled as you have never been dazzled before!

Sriracha. Or cock sauce as some people call it. Some people not including me because that can be misinterpreted. Especially when in the lunch room of a convent when asking for it to be passed. Think about it. Anyway, here's some factoids about the stuff.

Well, if this new information is proven true, Elton John is going to have to update his song!

I feel this video of a guy jamming a knife into a toaster is fake, but then again, I was raised in a household where my mother suggested every video on America's Funniest Home Videos was fake, so I might not be the best judge. Also, I'm not about to conduct my own experiment either.

Most of these facts about cruise ships you probably already knew, or could figure out if you gave cruise ships any kind of thought. But this also gives me the opportunity to linke to one of David Foster Wallace's better essays, Shipping Out: In the (nearly lethal) comforts of a luxury cruise.

More X-Files stuff - Want to remember the show fondly? Flip through this A-Z guide of it. Also - waiting for the ambitious writer/reporter to do an oral history on the show. Duchovny quotes alone would make it a must read.

Cool time lapse of the sky at the beach...



Ghost towns aren't exclusive to the United States, if you ever thought that. Which would kind of be silly.

You might look at this chart and say to yourself, "Wow, I didn't know these foods had so much sugar in them." But I look at the chart and say, "Wow, Krispy Kreme donuts really don't have a lot of sugar in them!"

Take a look at this list just to read the phrase "diamond rain." And yes, there are some other cool facts about the solar system here too.

No comments: