Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cool Shit 9/3

With September here, the kids are off to school, and the networks and movie studios are getting themselves ready to offer new entertainment. And who better than GQ to offer us a look at some of the potential breakouts this Fall? I mean, they can certainly pick out a lot of clothes that would make me go bankrupt should I ever decide I need to look like a Croatian gangster.

Big Bond fan here, so I appreciated a look at some of the funnier moments from the films. Though Moonraker does step from funny to silly once or twice. Let's pretend it never happened.

To me, there's few things weirder or eerier than an abandoned amusement park. Don't think so? Check out these pictures first. And then imagine you're there and a gang of rogue, out of work, disheveled looking clowns are stumbling after you while you are taking a look at the dilapidated roller coaster. Because obviously out of work clowns frequent abandoned amusement parks.

So it seems that Hollywood, in its attempt to create huge piles of money this summer, kinda did the opposite. Once again I'm reminded of a snake eating itself, as this graph suggests they released too many blockbusters, and the public simply said enough. Of course, I also might argue that the quality of these blockbusters had something to do with it as well.

It's funny. Today I woke up and started thinking about what I could have for breakfast. There's cereal, eggs, pancakes, and all that jazz, but I wasn't really feeling any of that. What I really wanted was some fried soup.

Not sure why it was ever considered a flop, although I wondering if it had to do with the idea that critics weren't ready for a movie with both Martin Mull AND Tim Curry. Stupid critics. And yes, I'm talking about CLUE!

And finally - the return of Jam of the Day!

It's So Easy - The Peddlers




No comments: