Friday, January 16, 2015

Cool Shit 1/16

"I went to an illegal pig-killing party." If you know me at all, you know I can't pass up a headline like that.

So the Oscar nominations were announced yesterday... over the years I have come to the realization list of 27 movies/performances that weren't nominated, but maybe had some merit.
that the Oscars really don't capture the best of the Hollywood process, so while I'll watch the broadcast, I won't put much stock into the choices. The system is broken, with the campaigning freezing out movies that should be nominated. Never mind the fact that there are stories that voters don't even watch the movies they have to decide on. Here's a

Listen fuck faces, what you do or don't do with your cups of weak-watered Swiss Miss hot chocolate on a daily basis is not my concern, but I WILL NOT be accused of not at least providing you with ways to make your hot chocolate the drink of kings.

The Daily Dot takes a look at the weird bias the Intercept has with Serial, and looks at what is being called "adversarial journalism" - something I'm sure we'll hear more about with the increased prevalence of the internet in our lives.

Oh, hey thanks Steven Soderbergh, for taking time out of your busy schedule and recutting that mediocre movie 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Mild spoiler for Hannibal, the best television show on television. Not sure how I feel about this news, but I am all in so whatever.

Let's not be too hard on these QVC hosts not really knowing what the moon is. Isn't it torture enough to be working at QVC?



Be part of the decision-making process as to what new show Amazon will order to series.

If you're an Avengers fan, and can't wait for the movie, this annotated trailer will help satiate your hunger:




No comments: