Thursday, January 29, 2015

Cool Shit 1/29

Conversation with my head last night:

Me: "The USS Indianapolis story is going to be made into a movie!"
Head: "Yay!"
Me: "Yeah it's going to center around an 11 year old boy's school project."
Head: "Ya - wait, what?"

Here's a fun little game if you're bored...guess how many explosions there were in the first Transformers movie, and then watch them all to see if you were right!



True Detective world is merging with the Hannibal world!

Another list of television shows you should probably be watching.

While this article about mass produced food contamination is disturbing, it shouldn't necessarily be too surprising, especially if you've read Fast Food Nation, Food Omnivore and watched Food, Inc. Will changes ever be made? I'm not holding my breath.

Eight smaller science fiction movies from 2014 you might want to check out. If you're into science fiction.

It feels more and more like spies in the modern age is just a game countries play with one another. It's at such a level now that I can't be bothered with it. As in, we just possibly uncovered a Soviet spy ring in Manhattan. And this might be the only thing you read about it.

A list of the top 50 opening lines in literature and this one isn't included?

"It was the afternoon of my eighty-first birthday, and I was in bed with my catamite when Ali announced that the archbishop had come to see me."

No comments: