Monday, May 19, 2008

Links of Interest 5/19


Ok, so I chuckled at some of these responses to get out of jury duty for the R. Kelly case, but isn't this a slippery slope we're creating in society? Hey, no one likes jury duty, but isn't our responsibility? To make up stupid excuses to get out of it only belittles our jury based system, which in turn hurts us all. We shouldn't be allowed to complain about the system if we're not willing to take part in it when required. Ok, that's enough sermonizing.

This link is making the Internet rounds, so I figured I would add. While I disagree with the ranking of the top 21, I'm pretty sure they at least got the right group. Strange that two of them may or may not have committed their crimes in a coal mine.

I'm sure that if the private sector is tracking us by our cell phones, than the government has been doing it for much longer, and have much more nefarious devices and technology in place by now to keep us all in check.

I loved (and still do) Arrested Development, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this new series. Not thrilled it's a cartoon (I'm just not much of a cartoon guy) but I'll still give it the benefit of the doubt.

Where to begin? Point Break holds a special place in my heart. Yes, I know it's silly, implausible, ludicrous, and nonsensical, but it has it's charm. News of a sequel hits me with dread though. Sure, a good sequel can be made, but Hollywood doesn't seem to want to spend money to ensure these things, especially for movies made 15 years prior. While I have hopes since they mention Bodhi, (which suggests they at least have the first movie in their minds), I'm not sure how I feel about the rest of this article. I only can hope they play it straight, and don't give us another Roadhouse 2 (which does have one of the greatest lines uttered in movie history; sadly that doesn't make up for the rest of it).

2 comments:

Cline said...

This is the only quote from IMDB. If this awesome line isn't the isn't the awesome line you're referring to, then I really want to know what the awesome line is.

Chubby D'Acosta: You know why they call me The Robot?
Chubby D'Acosta: Because I'm so automatic at kickin' your ass.

Goose said...

it's not.

Ask Cleary, he knows it.