Monday, November 9, 2009

Links of Interest 11/9

Sure it was beautiful here on the east coast. 70 degrees. In November. Normal? No. Should it be normal or should be looking at ways to fix it?

America’s new dust bowl.

What you might not have known about Johnny Cash.

How to survive if you suddenly and impossibly find yourself a character in a Stephen King story.

Samples of pages from the Internet, back in 1996.

Some of these you probably knew were covers, but some you might not have known about.

An argument against liberal comedy. Full disclosure, I didn’t read this article in full. But the point seems to be that liberal humor is bad for America. And I kind of hate articles like this. It has nothing to do with politics. I t has more to do with the author assuming how America reacts to things that are, at the root, based entirely on opinion. Don’t like it? Change the channel. But I don’t want anyone saying I should change the channel, or I better change the channel because if I don’t I’m bad. Of course, maybe I’ll go back and read the article and update this entire rant.

Debunking the myths of 2012. But what about the movie? You’re telling me Lane Myers is wrong?

Other doomsday prophecies that were apparently wrong. Of course, all it takes is one to be right…

Awesome pics of landscapes on Mars. Big Picture delivers again.

The movie The Men Who Stare at Goats? More true than you probably imagine.

No comments: