Monday, June 28, 2010

The New Mayor of Reykjavik Is Not Like Other Mayors

I'd like to think you know by now I don't post the ho hum drivel of everyday Internet articles. I go out of my way (mildly) to give you the stuff you wouldn't normally read.

Which is why I hope you take a moment or three to read this New York Times article about the new mayor of Reykjavik.

In his acceptance speech he tried to calm the fears of the other 65.3 percent. “No one has to be afraid of the Best Party,” he said, “because it is the best party. If it wasn’t, it would be called the Worst Party or the Bad Party. We would never work with a party like that.”

The people have spoken - in Iceland at least - and they're tired of the normal politicians who helped deliver the economic collapse. It's time for a change!

Here's his campaign video - which includes the lyrics, "The bestest of parties."



No comments: