Thursday, September 23, 2010

Movies: Buried

I love the idea for the movie Buried. I'm just not sure I could watch the movie.

And that has nothing to do with the quality of it.

Let's back up a bit. If you haven't heard of it, Buried is about a man (played by Van Wilder's Ryan Reynolds) buried in a coffin. And that's it. That's the movie. Shot entirely within the confines of the coffin.

I'm not sure if I'm claustrophobic or not. I think I am, but not to a maddening degree. I feel fine in a small closet, or other small spaces where I know I can get out. Fear doesn't grip me if I know there is a secure escape. Where I do get weirded out, are in places where there might not be an escape - caves being the main culprit. So I can't say I have a major phobia if we're going with the classic definition.

But I can tell you that I would certainly be unpredictable if I woke up to find myself buried in a coffin.

Anyway, here's the trailer. Could you sit through this for 94 minutes?

No comments: