Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Atlas Shrugged Movie Trailer

What's the absolute of completely awesome?

I have no idea where any of you stand when it comes to Ayn Rand. I know she has a huge following and her objectivism "philosophy" probably has an altar that Wall Streeters sacrifice illegal aliens on to make sure they get an extra 8 cents. Whatever. Who am I to judge your system of beliefs? (Though I love this little tidbit.)

If you have no idea about Ayn Rand and her beliefs, she thankfully gave us a novel that explained it in detail. Great detail. Excruciatingly ridiculous detail. Seriously, brevity was the enemy when it comes to Atlas Shrugged.

And now we have the movie...


Let's ignore the fact that while obviously the train industry is at the heart of the matter in the novel (that was written in 1957, you know, when trains were a little more in vogue as a means of transportation), might need to be updated to mirror the current times the movie seems to be set in, the casting seems a little off (Taylor Schilling just doesn't look like she can pull of the dominatrix style that Dagney Taggert was written for. And I'm not even going to get into the sex stuff). And this is from a guy who HATED reading this novel.

I also love the fact that this is supposedly the first part of a trilogy. I assume the third film will be Gault's speech. Condensed, no doubt.


No comments: