Monday, February 25, 2013

Cool Shit 2/25

So, what did you think about the Oscars? I thought they were stupid and long. I thought McFarlane was in an impossible spot, attempting to reach out to such a broad audience that he missed with both his fans and the people who don't know him. I thought the "tributes" to the musicals (Chicago?) were boring and unneeded. Just cut the fluff, let people thank who they want to and get out of there in 3 hours. It's not rocket science.

Anyway, here's another take on Seth. And another.

I believe I would have enjoyed taking a class taught by David Foster Wallace.

Want to enhance your hipster credentials? Educate yourself and (pretend to) enjoy bourbon. Want to cement your hipster status? Tell everyone you know just how much you're into Pappy Van Winkle bourbon.

Was the violence in Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho necessary?

Get ready for season 3 of Game of Thrones, coming March 31:



No comments: