Monday, October 7, 2013

Cool Shit 10/7

It's hard to believe I movie like I, Frankenstein was greenlit and actually made. It's harder to believe Aaron Eckhart is starring in it. I have no problem with him grabbing cash, I just thought he was over it by now after starring in stuff like The Core and Battle: Los Angeles. Anyway, watch the trailer and tell me I'm wrong. TELL ME I'M WRONG!



Neil DeGrasse Tyson, one of our most original thinkers currently, is asked what he thinks is the most astounding fact about our universe. In his usual fashion, he comes up with a compelling answer that will either make you feel infinitesimal small, or infinitesimal large, depending on your viewpoint. And for nothing else, the video is pretty cool...



After thinking a bit about Stuart Smalley, It's Pat, Night at the Roxbury and other SNL movies that were made, it's kind of amazing that there are others that never got made. My favorite part about this list? When some of the writers suggest they just couldn't figure out how to make a sketch work over a movie's run time. Why that didn't stop the Coneheads from being made, I'll never understand.

Have a morbid obsession with death? Better yet, global death? This handy chart breaks down disasters (both man made and natural and lets you know just how deadly things were and got.

Another one to file in the weird books department (right next to the Voynich Manuscript I guess) is the Codex Seraphinianus - a book that is written in its own language, with a variety of bizarre illustrations. Better yet, it's author is still alive, and you can even purchase it here.

More ridiculous "sexy" Halloween costumes. While the sexy Rick Grimes costume still tops the list in my opinion, based on the origins of the character and the complete lack of sexiness his world brings to the table, the execution of the sexy squid certainly puts it near the top.

No comments: