Monday, March 2, 2015

Cool Shit 3/2

This list of the 20 most popular beers in the U.S. pretty much suggests that the Budweiser commercial during the Super Bowl was just a brilliant example of real life trolling. Bravo.

The best place to survive a zombie apocalypse right now might be the Rockies, but that will change as soon as the population migrates there, giving the zombies a bullseye for their never ending feast. I have my place, but dammit if I'm going to share it with everyone.

I'm not proud of it, but I also won't hide from it; the 1976 version of King Kong is my favorite version. But you can't deny the significance of the World Trade towers and what they suggest in the movie, something they've been doing for a long time in cinematic history.

Alabama Shakes has a new album coming out soon, and promoting it on SNL this weekend, they promptly killed it.



Weird conspiracies about the Denver airport, or probably true conspiracies about the Denver airport that are positioned weird so we won't question anything more about them?

I like the idea behind creating a luge track for the kids, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. Trust me, I've built many sled tracks in my day.

MacGruber was... interesting, but that doesn't mean Will Forte is going to stop trying different things. And that's what makes him a national treasure. Ok, that might be a little strong, but you get the point.


A quick look at the history of the con movie. Please don't take this link as indirect support of the new Will Smith movie Focus. Though I haven't seen it, I can't imagine it would hold a candle up to any of these movies, particularly because I can't imagine the ending of Focus being anything else than Will Smith double- triple- or even quadruple crossing someone to ensure he gives us a flashy smile to say he knew what was going on the entire time.

No comments: