Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hold Steady/Drive By Truckers Show

Saturday night I got a special treat - the Hold Steady and Drive By Truckers were playing a double billing in Philly. Though they were playing the Electric Factory, a notoriously poor venue for quality sound, it was tough to pass up seeing two good bands in one night.

And neither disappointed.

While I am a much bigger Hold Steady fan, I walked away more impressed with the Drive By Truckers. While I like their studio work, nothing really stands out for me, and going into the show I was afraid they were going to play a more mellow, more country influenced set. That was not the case.

Both bands put on a great show, and I would recommend going out and seeing them if you can. Below I have put together both sets for each band as accurately as I could; there are only a few songs missing from each night. Enjoy!

Hold Steady setlist:


SeeqPod - Playable Search

Drive By Truckers set:


SeeqPod - Playable Search

Also, if you'd like to get your hands on the actual sets, let me know and I can point you in some right directions. Just leave your email in the comments section.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a pretty good rockin' truckers set...

Studio doesn't do them justice at all..

Goose said...

First time seeing them and I was blown away - Cline is a huge Truckers fan (atlanta shows, following them around, etc.) and he suggested it was the best he's seen them post Isbell.

So color me lucky for getting them on a good night.

Hold Steady was awesome too, but I had seen them at North Star a couple years ago - and that's just going to be tough to compete with.

khop said...

it was soooooooo good...