Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cool Shit 4/29

A look behind those Taco Bell ads suggesting Ronald McDonald doesn't always eat at McDonalds. Bet you'll never guess who directed them! Well, unless you guess after reading the article.

A few weeks ago we had inappropriate one star Amazon reviews. We are then obligated of course to now run inappropriate five star reviews.

I will go to my grave suggesting the Beatles are underrated, since, while they obviously have a huge following and fame, they're still not entirely appreciated by enough people for what they did with music. The common fan might like the songs, but doesn't truly appreciate that they offered so much more. For example, see what they did with these ten songs.

2014 best restaurant list is out, and I've eaten at exactly none of them.

Full trailer for HBO's The Leftovers. Again, after reading the book, I feel like the "universe" it's created in is full of potential, I'm not sure how they're going to show a lot of the internal struggle the characters went through. I'm guessing certain parts will be built up while others will be ignored. It will be interesting to see how they pull off something that begins with a "religious" vibe, but ends without one. Well, at least in my interpretation. And with Damon Lindelhof involved, my level of anticipation is stuck at "tepid."



Deep space imagery fascinates me because it both puts the universe's scale in perspective, while destroying our sense of the perspective of the universe AT THE SAME TIME.

I always wondered why Gallagher's front row crowd always seemed a little friskier than everyone else.

No comments: