Friday, July 31, 2009

Links of Interest 7/31



A look at Thomas Pynchon’s latest novel.

The craziness that goes on in airports. Do we really want to know?

Wow – trailer for the new Coen Brothers movie, “A Serious Man.” Certainly looks like something coming from their world. The only issue I had with it was the list of Coen Brothers movies it includes at the end. Would you really include “Burn After Reading” with the other heavy hitters on that list? I mean, I have no problem with them cleaning their palate with something silly like that after the heavy “No Country for Old Men.” I’m sure the set was light and breezy. But c’mon – it doesn’t belong up there with their knockouts!

I’m going to be honest with you. The biggest surprise of this interview? That the Amazing Kreskin was still alive.

I’m fairly certain I could never be an air traffic controller. Even with the potential to sleep with Angelina Jolie.

This season of Curb Your Enthusiasm should be interesting, if you’re a Seinfeld fan.

A current look at the state of food allergies.

In the market for an inflatable bondage chair? Amazon has got you covered.

Music magazines are dying. Here’s why.

Oh the crazy things you’ll find with Google Maps.

No comments: