Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trailers for the new Coen Brothers Movie

True Grit, the next movie from the Coen Brothers is a remake of an old John Wayne movie. The first trailer for it came out earlier last week, and simply looks awesome, and like a complete return to No Country for Old Men...


And then a second trailer was released, earlier this week...


Fleshing out some more of the characters, this trailer goes into a little more detail of the film, giving the viewer a better idea of what the film is about. Unfortunately, it also seems to suggest it is NOT in the same vein as No Country for Old Men, and instead introduces a few elements of humor. Now, I'm not saying I'm not going to go see it based on this new trailer, but I am a little disappointed with the tonal shift. I loved the first trailer. I'm not too keen on the second one.




1 comment:

nick said...

Not for nothing, but it's not just "an old John Wayne movie." It's an Oscar-winning performance from Wayne.