Monday, March 14, 2011

Trailer: Super 8

When we first caught a glimpse of Super 8, the collaboration between JJ Abrams and Steven Spielberg, during the Superbowl, I was underwhelmed. The jump/quick edits and craziness felt too much like MTV and not enough like a good ol' fashioned movie, which I selfishly held out hope for. After that, I heard rumors of the plot involving kids hiding an escaped alien, which sunk me into a deeper funk (as deep as a funk of a highly anticipated movie failing to deliver can be).

But then this new trailer hit the streets...


Looking like a mix between Stand By Me and Close Encounters of the Third Kind, this trailer introduces some interesting angles and fleshes out the fact that there may indeed be a story and not just a string of explosions. Regardless of the plot, I will definitely be checking this one out. I can only hope that at some point during the movie a brilliant French scientist comes onto the scene to explain the phenomena.

No comments: