Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cool Shit

Sometimes I tell myself I really want to get to Australia at some point, and then I read articles like this one.

Great article on one of the principals of the book Born to Run. Well, actually not so much about him...more about how they had to find him. I don't want to give anything away, but you don't even have to be interested in running to enjoy the read.

Ok...time to get political! You may or may not know about the dangers of growth hormone additives in milk, and this video isn't really about that. It's about how corporations can control the information we see - and how there's not a lot we can do about it. Yes, it's about FOX News, but that's not really the point. I don't care who the companies are that are involved...



Not sure if I posted this before in a Cool Shit post, and I'm way too lazy to go back and check...the British show Luther is something you might want to check out...especially if you loved Stringer Bell from the Wire (specifically the actor, Idris Elba). Luther is about a British detective who can barely keep his personal life out of his professional life. Honestly, if you like police procedurals and British accents, you're going to love it. It's streaming on Netflix too...



And finally, I recently found out that David Simon has taken up blogging. Don't know who David Simon is? Shame on you. Regardless, I think you'll find his musings provocative and interesting, and, whether you agree with them or not, it's all still a good read.


No comments: