Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cool Shit 6/11

You might not think you want to watch a 6 minute video about a small pickle company, but you'd be wrong.

The McClures from Dark Rye on Vimeo.

That Jose Canseco, he's quite a character. Some might say he's trolling all of us.

Have an internet connection and some free time? Here's a list of 50 great movies you can watch right now. Legally!

Room 237 is a documentary about the bizarre interpretations some people have about Stanley Kubrick's movie, The Shining. Spook Central is possibly(?) a spoof of the movie Room 237 looking at Ghostbusters? Seriously, if it's real, it's crazy. If it's a spoof, it's a really well done, subtle spoof, and I love it even more for spoofing such a small movie. Check out the trailer for yourself:



I still hold HBO near and dear in my heart when it comes to its original programming. But I've also been there pretty much from the beginning, back when Wimbledon was shown on it from 5-8 during the tournament, Not Necessarily the News was skewering our culture (why doesn't that get more love?) and Dream On was clogging its airwaves. So when there's talk about a new alien show possibly getting picked up by HBO, I get excited.

I may be the only person somewhat excited for the movie Snowpiercer but I don't mind. And I'm not sure these character posters really will do much to garner more fans but so what. Check out Tilda Swinton!

No comments: