Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cool Shit 6/12

Here's a look at the top 101 food trucks in America.

Sure the NSA is spying on us all and knows exactly what you were downloading last night (sicko). But you can't blame Hollywood for not trying to warn us for the last 20 years.

So Insane Clown Posse is putting together a television show, which I guess is just a reworking of an existing web series they already do. Here's an example, should you be desperate. And I mean really desperate.



The concept of daredevils is an intriguing one. On one hand, I understand challenging yourself and seeking riskier and riskier feats as a way to make yourself feel alive. On the other hand, I don't understand the publicity behind some of these things. So a guy is going to attempt to walk across a tightrope over the Grand Canyon. That's great for him on a personal level; I wish him success in his endeavor. However, I have no desire to watch it as a man walking foot over foot for 20 minutes or so isn't what I would classify as exciting. No, I assume the one of the major reasons people will tune in to watch it will be to see if he fails and plunges to his death. Please convince me I'm wrong.

Here's a just-released teaser for Clear History, Larry David's latest project for HBO.



This is not a special effects reel from Independence Day II - this is a a formation of a supercell thunderstorm captured on film (or digital video I guess; is there a noun form of "digital film" I should know about? "Video" sounds too VHS-y to me.)

Regardless of my linguistic musings, it's worth the watch...

No comments: