Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cool Shit 8/29

Sigh...I never got to Action Park as a child, and that makes me sad. It seems the perfect place to test the boundaries of childhood - just enough danger to get yourself in trouble, in a place your parents are willingly allowing you to go. Sadly it is no more and nothing will pop up in its place. I do know a kid who's mom made a name for herself suing Action Park on behalf of children being grievously injured there. She called it Traction Park.

I'm excited for the movie Gravity, the latest movie from Alfonso Cuaron. Though he isn't a household name (at least in normal households), he's the guy who made Children of Men, a criminally underrated movie everyone should watch. I know I've posted it before, but here's the trailer for Gravity. Reviews so far seem to be positive.



Maybe if we spent less time bickering about politics, and more time devising intricate pranks like this one out of Japan, we'd be better off. This ain't no Dick Clark Ed McMahon joint.



Summer's almost over, and you know what that means...we're entering Oscar season! Get ready for the prestigious, pretentious movie train to roll in!

This whole Batman/Superman movie/story/thing has been in the news lately because people are ENRAGED at the choices made so far about it. And honestly, I can't think of anything to get more ENRAGED about, so please continue Internet. To help fuel your fire, here's a look at a 2002 script for the movie. Now, I haven't read it, but that doesn't mean I'm not an expert on it. And so I can assure you, it's terrible. Enjoy the rage it will create in you.


No comments: