Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cool Shit 5/14

Ordering a beer these days can be an adventure, especially if you don't know the terminology. Fortunately, that doesn't have to be the case anymore.

As a writer, I'm excited for Damon Lindelof's success, since it's not too often writers get a lot of credit. And I enjoyed Lost up until the point I realized it wasn't going to have a coherent ending. And then I saw Prometheus and well...let's just say sometimes Lindelof is better decent; sometimes he's shitastic. I mean seriously, does Prometheus make an ounce of sense for anyone? Don't get me started.

I'm listening to the new Daft Punk album right now. And if you have iTunes, you can too.

Apparently the Costa Rican jungles do strange things to couples. Well, at least this couple.

Famous authors visualize their stories.

Ok, it's only a matter of time before we're all killed off by some super virus. As in, there are 3 strains of some crazy flu out there RIGHT NOW plotting our destruction. Take a look here and see if you've been potentially exposed. Happy Tuesday!

While I am not a math geek by any means, the idea of complex math equations/theories fascinates me. It's like unlocking a mystery (to get to more mysteries, but still). This article, about a man who may have solved the ABC Conjecture (in itself a crazy theory that I have no hope of understanding), a puzzle that has been troubling mathematicians for awhile now, is awesome in the sense that his solution wasn't even understood by mathematicians. And he of course simply posted them on the Internet and walked away. Basically he said, as many kids on the playground do, "I'm sorry you're not smart enough to understand me."


No comments: