Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cool Shit 5/8

Well this guy seems like a badass. Look, murder is bad, and this guy killed two people so I guess he should be incarcerated. But he also swam in some arms trafficking circles, so if the murders were related, then maybe we can overlook some thing. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you break out of a notorious Russian prison with a spoon, you should probably get something for the effort.

None of these series that we're likely going to see next year inspire me with too much excitement. I guess I'll check out Blacklist if I have nothing better to do. And I've always had a soft spot for Gillian Anderson, so there's that.

I'm glad at least someone is asking the question whether it's a good idea to be actively seeking out alien contact. I mean, Independence Day did not look like it was fun.

Even if you're unfamiliar with the name "John Titor," you'll enjoy this story of a time traveler.

It's heartwarming to hear when companies eschew building their plants overseas and instead decide to keep the business in the United States. Even when that business is producing sex toys. (Warning: This may be considered NSFW. Though if you need this warning after reading "sex toys" in the description, well...)

Anyone excited for the Ender's Game? It's a classic science fiction novel that I read about 20 years ago in college. So my ship has sailed on it. After all, once you know the ending, it kind of loses something. Also,

No comments: