Friday, May 31, 2013

Cool Shit 5/31

Elon Musk is one nuclear device theft away from being a Bond villain. And I think I'm ok with that. Especially if he makes a super train. Also, by invoking the concept of a super train, I can now post this...



Sweethome is a cool website that offers visitors a breakdown of what the best home products are. I guess it's like a Consumer Reports but in web form, and easily searchable.

I guess I thought a time machine would look more sophisticated and less like a bike. But I also am not an expert in Quantum physics.

Stephen King's novel Under the Dome was good, so the series based on it has some potential. Here are 10 things that you might want to know about it before watching.

The Killing is back for season 3. And while I hate watched most of the first two seasons, and thought it really got melodramatic and stupid toward the end, I'm sure I'll hate watch this season. Even though early reviews aren't great.

New trailer for Machete 2. Something about killing or something. I'm going to be honest here...while I appreciate Robert Rodriguez's contribution to independent film and his DIY attitude, I'm not a big fan of his films. I think forcing the exploitation into modern exploitation films doesn't work and everyone being in on the joke softens the experience. Plus, I'll never forgive Trejo for selling out DeNiro and the crew in Heat. Inexcusable.

However, I'm sure there are people out there excited for this movie so...



Exciting and surprising news, especially since just about every show I begin watching immediately gets cancelled (RIP Rubicon), but Hannibal gets to live another season! (If you're not watching Hannibal, do yourself a favor and catch up, especially if you enjoyed Silence of the Lambs.)

No comments: