Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gallagher Changes His Act

According to this article from Salon, the fun-loving, smashing-fruit comedian we all know and love has tweaked his act a bit... and he might not be so fun loving.

Relating the tale of the 63-year-old comedian's recent sold-out performance at Washington's Admiral Theater, writer Lindy West goes from snarky young critic expecting fogy gags to horrified silent witness to pure unbridled lunacy. Turns out Gallagher's current act, while still relying on hammering random stuff like water chestnuts (which Gallagher puzzlingly refers to as "China people and queers") is a hate-strewn celebration of the "Anglo-Saxon Viking" and his assertion that "I am powerful, I'm an American and I'm gonna speak my mind." Look out, United States.

Thankfully, we have Youtube, that will archive the brilliance of Gallagher.

1 comment:

Cline said...

Forgot to tell you I met someone who'd been to a Gallagher II show.

Needless to say I had a lot of questions.

I remember she ended up on stage covered in foodstuffs, but that's about it.

I do remember being really impressed.