Thursday, July 8, 2010

LSD and Hollywood

Looks like it's drug day here at The Popcorn Trick... Vanity Fair has a cool article about LSD and how it helped out stars of the fifties, including Cary Grant, and Esther Williams. In fact, Williams apparently had an amazing trip that she remembers to this day...

But the evening wasn’t over for Esther. After she had said good night to her parents, she went to her bedroom, undressed, and washed. When she looked in the mirror, “I was startled by a split image: One half of my face, the right half, was me; the other half was the face of a sixteen-year-old boy. The left side of my upper body was flat and muscular.… I reached up with my boy’s large, clumsy hand to touch my right breast and felt my penis stirring. It was a hermaphroditic phantasm.” Esther has no recollection of how long she stood there, but there was no question that now “I understood perfectly: when Stanton had died, I had taken him into my life so completely that he became a part of me.”


LSD certainly is nothing if not controversial. Of course, I'm not sure it's this bad...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please take a moment to check out my LSD Documentary LSD:Power & CONTROL. Features Paul Krassner's trip with Groucho Marx, The CIA MK ULTRA LSD Brothel in SF...New interview with Ram Dass...JFK and acid plus more. link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZdz0G4lG6k