Friday, May 27, 2011

New Between Two Ferns

A new Between Two Ferns, this time with Will Ferrell...


I've been on record as saying I don't think Between Two Ferns has "jumped the shark," yet, but with this latest installment I might have to rethink that. I happen to enjoy both Zack and Will, but here I'm not sure they work well together. They're too much alike, and this whole series has been based on the idea that we're not entirely sure the "guest" is completely in on the bit. But with Will Ferrell, you immediately know he's in on it because of his attire. After that, they try a few things that seemingly go nowhere. The Jon Hamm cameo is brief, and not funny enough to throw the sketch into the weird territory so many of the previous ones go. I think Jon Hamm should have trashed the set to find his keys, but that's just me.

However, I will say that the chair breaking made me laugh. Both times.

No comments: