Tuesday, May 31, 2011

World Record Car Jump

First, the video evidence...


Couple of notes...

I casually heard about this here and there before this weekend, but didn't put much effort into learning more about it. So when I say the video evidence looks extremely fake, my ignorance could be shining through. It may have been on every television news broadcast and spoken about ad nauseum. I've been in a whiskey sour haze for the past 3 days, so please bear with me. That said...

Doesn't this look completely fake? They couldn't have one single long take of the jump?

Why did they blank out the face of the driver? Is he on the run? Do we have another Fugitive type situation going on here? And if we do, isn't the bigger question why didn't they retire the franchise after the one with Wesley Snipes?

I enjoyed the Hot Wheels look of everything; I definitely set up jumps like this with my Hot Wheels cars. So bravo for the nostalgic trip to my childhood.

No comments: