Friday, August 19, 2011

This exists...

Below is the trailer for Columbiana - a movie about...I guess a woman assassin going after the people (I'm guessing Columbians) who possibly killed her parents. In front of her. When she was nine.


I enjoy the fact the movie is selling itself as something "from the makers of Taken," which was absurdly ridiculous in its own right. But I think Taken "worked" (and I realize worked might be a strong word here, but it obviously had enough success to be completely remade with Liam Neeson barely a couple years later where everyone forgets who he is and he stumbles around asking people if they remember him before kicking ass) because we never expected an actor like Liam Neeson to go all rogue James Bond on us.

Columbiana (I so wish it were a sequel to Syriana) of course doesn't seem to have that acting pedigree to fall back on. Sure, it has the guy who played Pablo Escobar in Blow (methinks he might be getting slightly typecast as villainous Columbians) and the dude from Alias, playing the dude from Alias. And of course there's Zoe Saldana, who recently played a cartoon, looking good in a catsuit.

You know what? Hollywood is weird!

1 comment:

www.lerida-3d.com said...

It will not succeed in actual fact, that is what I think.