Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cool Shit

It's rare to find someone that (mostly) agrees with me on the quality of the 1976 King Kong remake, but I've done it. I really can't explain why I think this one is superior to the original (let's not even start with the Peter Jackson one); maybe it was the timing (I was an easily influenced 10 year old when I probably first saw it) maybe it was Jeff Bridges' rugged awesomeness, maybe it was the implied beastiality (look, I have no idea what drives my psyche). Regardless, here's a great essay about all that and more.

Portishead is talking new album! That would be cool! In the meantime, enjoy this...


This is kind of weird...wondering what Topher Grace has been up to recently? Me neither, but I stumbled across this article about how he's taken the 3 Star Wars prequels, and edited them into one film, and apparently it's getting good reviews...? Not like he had a high watermark to clear - hey yo! Doesn't seem to be online, but if any of you have the jump on it, I'd love to see it.

I'm a sucker for "against all odds" movies. Which is probably why I'm excited for this movie...


And finally, Dave Hill returns to Fashion Week, and gives his own unique take.

"I LOVE COCAINE!"


No comments: