Monday, December 16, 2013

Cool Shit 12/16

To this day I find it amusing that stories (written word stories) can create so much upheaval for some people. Here's a list of 10 "controversial" short stories.

Trailer for Christopher Nolan's next film, Interstellar. Looks like a light-hearted romp!



A detailed look at Chernobyl. Because when you have a nuclear power plant disaster it can seemingly affect the entire globe.

Holiday movies aren't always hokey and sentimental. For example, take a look at these 13.

Trailer for The 12 O'Clock Boys - a group of kids/men that ride dirt bikes through the city of Baltimore. Named so for the attempt to get their bike straight to 12:00 when popping wheelies.



I don't care if you're Republican. I don't care if you're Democrat. I don't care about any of that. This article about absurd Pentagon spending should make everyone angry. Look, I realize that at "budget burning" is a thing and is necessary in the corporate world: basically, the idea that if you don't spend it, you won't get the money in the next year. Fair enough, when you're talking about thousands of dollars. But when we're talking about BILLIONS, and the government and public welfare, maybe we can change our line of thinking a little bit? Now, I'm no accountant, but at this point I don't think you need an accountant. I'm not sure who is suggesting that it's impossible to audit, but that is bullshit. It can be done, people just don't WANT it done. So I'm offering my services. For a fee (take it out of the bloat), I will figure out where the wasted money goes.

A photographer walks around the boundaries of New York City. Oh, and he brought his camera. And used it!

No comments: