Friday, January 17, 2014

Cool Shit 1/17

Hannibal is probably the best show currently on network television. While dark and grisly, it tells a story of characters we already know in a refreshing and interesting way. Too often network television dumbs things down; Hannibal isn't like that. To say that I'm excited for season 2 would be putting it mildly...



Today's example of nobody can be shocked of a this headline: "Subject from the show Doomsday Preppers faces gun charges."

Apparently, there is a time travel store in Los Angeles. I am so sad that I am just now learning about it, that I plan to build a time machine and go back to when it was first opening to create a second, better version of the future, where I always have known of the existence of this place. Of course, if that me ever meets the current me, I'm sure we'll fight, because I know that me will never shut up about a cool time travel store.

For the person who takes their beer seriously, a look at what breweries we should keep an eye on in 2014.

Good information to have, I guess: what do you do if a nuclear bomb goes off in your city?

50 Sundance films to look forward to this year at the festival. And if that's not enough, 15 more (though I'm sure there's some crossover. I haven't properly audited this lists for that. I can't do everything for you!).

And then, since this is Sundance's 30th year, here's a look back at some of the more memorable moments that have come out of the festival.

No comments: