Friday, January 3, 2014

Cool Shit 1/3

Space. It's one giant mystery that we're probably never going to truly figure out.

A research paper suggesting we can find time travelers by basically googling "time travelers." Ok, it's a little more complicated than that. But not much. It also involves using Twitter hash tags.

So Dubai had a little party to ring in the New Year...possibly the greatest fireworks display you've ever seen (unless you were in Dubai on New Years)



This may be the greatest news of all of 2014, and possibly of all time. And I'd like to say I think I had a little something to do with it, since i basically created the concept of betting on the Puppy Bowl (and created odds for the puppies) five years ago. But I don't say that looking for credit or a cut of the profits, I'm just happy Animal Planet is now embracing the idea by officially offering a fantasy draft for this year's Puppy Bowl.

Looks like food prices are going to be going on the rise this year (though I'm not sure why this is really ever considered news).

Craigslist Missed Connections are weird in themselves, but mix in New Year's revelry and you've got a whole new level of freaky.


No comments: