Thursday, May 29, 2014

Cool Shit 5/29

I don't know, I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan so I can't comment too much on how his films would rank from worst to best. But you might be able to, so have at it.

Apparently, Spielberg toyed with the idea of creating a sequel to Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and even started pre-production on what the aliens would look like. I think I'm happy he scrapped his plans.

It used to be the summer was the graveyard of television, simply replaying the shows that ran during the other seasons. This is not the case anymore. Here are twelve shows you can and should watch this summer.

Stuff you may or may not have known about the movie, Escape from New York.

The Strain is a television show based on a book created by Guillermo del Toro. Let's hope that the show is better than the book, because the book was putrid. Unfortunately, I can't tell from this trailer whether it is better or not.



A look at how Edgar Wright directs comedies. I agree with many of the points the narrator makes, I'm just not sure he has to run down other comedies to do it. I'm also not sure whether his examples of the "bad" comedies he uses are indicative of the entire films. I realize a lot of Hollywood comedies are lazy, but still think they do work on a certain level.




No comments: