Monday, September 15, 2008

The Good...the Bad...the Beautiful #11

THE GOOD:



Wow. What better way to sell malt liquor than to invoke a minstrel show? I have no idea what's going on here, but I do love Schlitz. And is having a bull smash through plate glass considered animal cruelty? I'm guessing it wasn't in the 70s, when I assume this was conceived, produced, picketed and pulled off the air.

See the bad and beautiful on the flip side...


THE BAD:



No idea what happened here, I just wanted to point out the idiot drivers still speeding along after a hole opens up and spurts geysers of water in their path. It was good to see that lone figure run to safety though.

THE BEAUTIFUL:



This ad campaign is getting slaughtered, and I'm sorry, but I think it's brilliant. Sure, Seinfeld is a little overexposed, and probably a little stale, but I think he's playing into that. And Gates is having fun with it, which is exactly what he needs to do. Will it destroy Apple? No, but there's no snark to it, something that the Apple campaign has been accused of. If they keep it up, and don't mess around with the original vision, I bet it works. But if it gets watered down, forget it.

No comments: