Monday, September 15, 2008

It's time for Movie Trailer Reviews

It's funny - I've yet to run into a person who doesn't enjoy a good movie trailer. Showing up to a movie late and missing the trailers is almost a criminal offense. It's certainly the go to line when trying to decide on when to leave for the theater.

It's easy to explain - since movie trailers exist solely to get people into the theater, it makes sense to show the best parts of the movie in the trailer. Think about it - no one cares what you think once the ticket is bought.

Anyway, we thought it would be a great service to every so often take a look at some upcoming movie by way of their trailer, and give you a heads up on what you're going to get if you buy a ticket.

On the flip side, the journey begins.



Fast & Furious



I have no idea how they got the original cast of Diesel, Walker, Rodriguez, and Brewster back together! The trailer starts off with an action scene completely ripped off from the original (the absurd crossbow shooting into the trucks to steal stuff) only because it's 2008, the makers wanted to stay timely, so now everyone is stealing gas. And look! Someone is standing on top of a truck and getting shot at and things explode.

I am a little curious to see how the story evolves to get Diesel and Walker on the same side, being that one was a criminal and one was a cop. At least in the first F&F. It's possible in the sequels, stuff happened...I almost don't want to admit I haven't kept up with the series.

Rock 'n Rolla



Hmmm...I think I saw this movie when it was called, "Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels." Then I saw it again when it was called, "Snatch." Then I got smart and stopped seeing Guy Ritchie movies.

If nothing else, Guy Ritchie knows how to make the cool-soundtrack-choppy-edited-funny-soounding-British-people-implausibly-plotted movie. Let's just come to an agreement: You don't make another Swept Away, and we'll keep describing your movies as, "Not as good as Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels," but still pretty good.

Yes



Sorry Jim, I already saw Bruce Almighty and no amount of cute babies is going to get me to see it again. In the immortal words of Jake Busey in Road House 2:

"Stab me once, shame on you. Stab me twice...Never gonna happen."

No comments: