Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cool Shit 10/23

Seems like everyone is shoving their ass out there these days. First Ms. Kardashian showed off her post pregnant butt to the millions, and now Ms. Gaga is showing off her butt because she wrote a new song. With R. Kelly. If I see 4 guys on horses later this morning I won't be too surprised.



Who knew Miami Vice was such a jumping off point for so many thespians?

So Girl Talk's sample madness actually increases sales of albums of the music he samples.

Sarah Silverman made a television pilot. It failed to get picked up. But she put it up on youtube anyway!



If you're a fan of Dave Sedaris, his look at his sister's suicide will hit you. If you're not a fan of Dave Sedaris, this story of a fairly famous writer's sister's suicide will hit you.

I've always been fascinated by first lines in novels. Good ones set the tone for the rest of the story. So check these out. Of course they missed one of my favorites from Anthony Burgess' Earthly Powers:

"It was the afternoon of my eighty-first birthday, and I was in bed with my catamite when Ali announced that the archbishop had come to see me."
New trailer for Anchorman 2: What do you think?

No comments: