Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Good...the Bad...the Beautiful #2

THE GOOD:



In honor of the Olympics, check out this race from 1964. After running about 6 miles, Mills comes out of nowhere to sprint past the leaders. I love the announcer going absolutely bonkers. Not being a racing aficionado, I can't truly appreciate how hard this accomplishment was, but I can imagine. It takes me back to Kaplan coming out of nowhere to beat Conrad during the 1976 BotNS, when everyone (including teammates) thought he had no chance.

THE BAD:



Wow. This was a terrible idea. I'm not sure what's worse - the act, the acting, or the concept. I dare you to last all 7:55. I can't believe people thought Arsenio Hall had a good late night talk show.

THE BEAUTIFUL:



Now that's a lot of surf. Do people live in these places? Could you imagine if you had to?

No comments: