Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Links of Interest 8/6

It's truly amazing just how different Pakistan is to what Americans are used to. And not just from a consumption standpoint. Check out this video of a guy who travels and sees the weapons market over there.

While it's easy to understand why this isn't getting more attention, it's still more evidence that suggests the United States has done some pretty shady things in the past few years. If true of course. Still, it's amazing how much a a new election can take the focus away of the current administration.

I wonder what goes through people's heads sometimes. With the restrictions some industries face, others seemingly can get away with anything. Your examples are right here. Although, I have to disagree about the thongs. Aren't they good for any age?

I know there has been a lot of excitement for Tron 2 on the web, myself included. However, after watching this sneak preview, I'm now a little apprehensive. In the original, the light bikes only had the 90 degree turn ability. Here, they have a full range of motion. To me, that kinda of cheats the danger the light cycles had in the original, and therefore, while I'm sure still spectacular, play with a set of rules that isn't all that original, and therefore not as fun.

Apparently it's easier than ever to go on a coke binge in the US and Spain.

No comments: